Knee Pain Treatment at The Spine Institute of New Jersey
Knee pain is a prevalent condition among adults that is often associated with wear and tear caused by regular daily activities, including walking, lifting heavy objects, running, bending, and standing. Athletes who do a lot of jumping and running also often experience knee pain. Our team at The Spine Institute of New Jersey provides non-invasive treatment for knee pain, helping patients find natural relief from their pain or discomfort.
What Are the Most Common Knee Problems?
Knee problems can be caused by certain disorders, regular wear and tear, injuries, and some other things. The most common knee problems include the following:
- Torn cartilage. Trauma to a knee often leads to tearing of meniscus - rubbery cartilage that is located between the bones of the knee.
- Sprained and strained muscles and ligaments. Often, a sprained or strained knee muscle or ligament is caused by a sudden twist of the knee. The symptoms usually include swelling, pain, and difficulty in moving.
- Arthritis. It is a degenerative process that causes the cartilage to wear away. Usually, arthritis affects older people. There is also rheumatoid arthritis that also causes inflammation of knee joints.
- Tendonitis. If you overuse your tendon during certain activities, such as jumping, cycling, and running, it can lead to tendonitis that is characterized by tenderness, inflammation, and pain in areas around knee joints. Tendonitis often occurs with certain sports involving jumping, such as basketball, for example.
How Can A Chiropractor Help?
If you visit our chiropractic clinic for knee pain relief, we will first examine all your anatomical parts. These parts include the low back, hips, pelvis, ankles, and feet because they may directly influence knee health. Our chiropractic specialist will also take a comprehensive medical history and perform a thorough physical examination to make the right diagnosis and suggest a proper treatment plan.
What Are the Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment?
Chiropractic treatment provides various benefits for patients with knee pain, including:
- Helps alleviate pain and reduce joint inflammation
- Normalizes the joint function
- Helps to recover from a knee injury faster
Contact Us for Knee Pain Relief Today
If you have been suffering from knee pain for a while and it's not going away, it is time to see a chiropractic specialist. If you live in Lyndhurst, Paterson, NJ, or surrounding areas, The Spine Institute of New Jersey is here for you. We treat different types of conditions and help our patients get rid of the pain. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or if you are ready to schedule an appointment.